Morley Community School opened in 1984 on the Stoney Reserve. It was named after the townsite of Morley located on the Stoney Reserve. The name Morley refers to the Methodist minister Dr. William Morley Punshon who was one of the first ministers to encounter the Stoney people in 1840's.
Morley Community School is funded by Indian and Northern affairs Canada, but follows the Alberta learning curriculum and Alberta School Act. The school reports to Alberta Learning which certifies the school if it determines that the appropriate provincial stnadards have been met. Therefore all course, certificates and diplomas from Morley Community School are fully recognized anywhere in Canada. The school is required to employ only Alberta Learning certified teachers for teaching positions.
Morley Community School promotes the development of strong, mentally healthy Stoney Nakoda students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to successfully compete and succeed in our ever changing world.